Friday, January 06, 2006

NFL Draft Bust?

USC's RB Reggie Bush is said to be a lock as the first pick in this years draft. If I had that pick I would pick him and immediatley look for to trade him. I just have too hard of a time believing in the hype when he hasn't even been an every down back in college. Why isn't he? Well maybe Lendale White is just a better overall back. I also think he is just not durable enough to take hits every down. I am not saying he will not be a good pro but he will probably end up being more of a 3rd down back, slot reciever, and a great punt/kick returner. The NFL relies on RB's that can run up the middle and I do not think Bush can do that. On the other hand, Lendale White can. White might not have the moves or the speed that Bush has but he is a solid runner up the middle. If I were Houston I would take Bush and set up a trade to acquire D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia and some extra picks. They need help on the o-line and Ferguson will give them that. Carr is good QB who is too young to give up on yet. They have a good recievers that get open, Carr just needs more time to set and throw. If Houston takes Bush and keeps him I will be shocked and they will regret taking him as the #1 overall pick.

6 Comments:

Blogger DarKufahl said...

damn, you really have some Bush hate in you. Good luck with the new blog.

10:55 PM  
Blogger nothingyet said...

Art, thanks for being the first to comment. Hopefully there are many more. And yes I wish I never hear the name Bush again unless I am getting beans.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Scottage Cheese said...

how about some insight on the brew crew's move to trade for koski?

2:19 PM  
Blogger nothingyet said...

In due time, to be honest with you I am still stuck in football. Therefore I really have not kept up on the crew. What I do know is that whatever the management does I believe in them to do what is good. The Brewers are no longer going to be the laughing stock of the MLB and will spend money when appropiate. Best move this offseason was to keep Carlos Lee. But more to come when I know more about what I am talking about

2:39 PM  
Blogger DarKufahl said...

Holy shit, didnt even hear about the Koski move till now, granted his numbers have slipped, but still nice pick up. Go Brewers

3:23 PM  
Blogger nothingyet said...

Definetly was a good pick up see A Kosi Outlook and read what MJ has to say about it.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home