Sunday, February 05, 2006

Packers select DeAngelo Williams with the 5th overall pick

So I was watching some ESPN competion today and one thing that stood out at me was DeAngelo Williams conditioning. I have had this hope that the Packers can draft him, resign Ahman Green to a one year contract and maybe keeping Najeh Davenport. I do not think the Packers will be able to keep Green and Davenport. Keeping Green with a one year contract after having a season ending knee injury and drafting Williams could be a great move. This would allow the Packers test the durabilty of Green's recovered knee along with develope Williams. The Packers need a strong running game in order to have any success with Favre and more so without. After watching that competion on ESPN I question Williams work ethic. He was running a Marine obstacle course and his legs just did not seem conditioned. This maybe could be because he participated in the Senior Bowl and was just coming off of a week of practices and a game which I am sure he wanted to do well in. Lets just hope that is what it is and the Packers see it my way. If Williams is off the draft board by pick 5, I am hoping they trade down and put a mark on Michael Huff while accumulating an extra 2nd round pick.

1 Comments:

Blogger nothingyet said...

Ok I ranted again

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home