Wednesday, March 08, 2006

WBC

I have had some request to post something on the World Baseball Classic. First of all I am just a casual fan of baseball, more of a hometown fan(Brewers) but do tune in some games throughout the year, mostly during playoffs. I thought the idea of the WBC was a good idea but I was skeptical to how teams would like it since MLB players will be risking injury. I have now watch parts of 5 games and I starting to think this is great for baseball. It is nice to see how MLB supports it and all the players seem to have a lot of pride, play hard, and most important are having fun player for their native countries. One team I am going to watch a lot is Panama. Why would I take interst in them? One name, Carlos Lee. He bats in the 4 spot for Panama and is also who they are looking to carrying them deep into the tourney. Carlos Lee is a great player that I am glad the Brew Crew kept around. Other teams I liked so far are; Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the USA. If you have any interst to baseball you must check out the WBC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home